Monday, July 25, 2011

KC Fringe "Bellydance Fusion Factory" review by jduvel

My first fusion bellydance performance but certainly not my last!!
Rating: 4

Bellydance Fusion Factory
KC Fringe Festival

I've seen a few belly dance shows over the years - most notably at the KC Ren Fest over the last 20 years.  But I've never attended a fusion belly dance.  I nice mix of Middle Eastern music and modern rock, and not simply your typical Middle Eastern belly dance, but a blend with some modern dance steps here and there, and some playfulness and even improv dancing.  The tribal improv was excellent.  Aside from a slight technical hiccup (a missing song) the ladies put on a wondrous performance.  Troupe Duende has a lovely group of ladies, very very talented and entertaining, a humorous spirit, and I look forward to seeing them perform again, and since each show is themed (partners today, props I think tomorrow, etc) you have the chance to see many different shows from the same lovely ladies.  You should come out for their show!

No comments:

Post a Comment