Thursday, July 26, 2012

KC Fringe "Divine Divas" review by jmbkc

The Divas are Divine !!!
Rating: 5

Divine Divas
KC Fringe Festival

Tonight, July 25 at 6pm, I attended the Divine Divas show at the Off Center Theater. I saw their performance last year, so I 'thought' I already knew what to expect…I was wrong!

The talent in the troupe grew to extraordinary heights. The group numbers were crisp and well choreographed, the moments between acts were filled with stagehand antics and a wonderful MC, and the individual numbers exceeded my expectations. They were all so talented and confident in their abilities!

There were jokes, complicated outfits, beautiful singers and sultry women…plus one boa constrictor. What more could I have asked for? There was plenty to keep me entertained for the hour-long performance…honestly I would have stayed another 3 hours to watch those beautiful ladies perform!

At the end of the show, I was fortunate enough to be standing in the lobby when they emerged. First we all cheered, which was nice, but better than that was how personable the women were.

This weekend is their last show (I know because I'll be there). It's Friday night at 9pm. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment