Sunday, July 29, 2012

KC Fringe "7 (x1) Samurai" review by Rabid_Reviewer

7 (x1) Samurai Hits Like a Choo-choo Train
Rating: 5

7 (x1) Samurai
KC Fringe Festival


Okay.  This is my personal pick for Best of the Fest.

Amazing doesn't even begin to cover it.  The sheer artistry that David Gaines demonstrates to retell an all-time classic is amazing.

If you are familiar with Kurosawa's original film, you are in for a real treat.  If you are familiar with the American remake (Magnificent 7), you are in for a real treat.  If you know nothing about the original, you will still love this show.

I think the best way to describe it is to make the comparison that David makes in his program.  It's the Bugs Bunny version of Seven Samurai.

Not only is it vastly entertaining in and of itself, the sheer energy David brings to the show is amazing.  As I watched his performance alone on stage for a solid 60 minutes, I was amazed at his stamina.

I never lost the story line.  I never was unclear about the characters.  I never failed to laugh and enjoy myself.

If you haven't seen 7(x1) Samurai already, work it into your schedule.  It's THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment