Saturday, July 28, 2012

KC Fringe "Scarborough Fair" review by Detailer

Scarborough Fair excellent
Rating: 5

Scarborough Fair
KC Fringe Festival


I really have nothing new to add.  I just want to be part of the chorus of praise.  Prejudice alert:  I do like Simon and Garfunkel.  So this singing comedy duo has a head start with their music choices.

Then they add such fun humor, both between songs and within songs.  The evening is a pure joy, and I wish it wouldn’t end.  If I had anything to suggest, it would be to differentiate personalities a little bit more, and add even more funny bits.

Their costumes and pre-show activities set the mood well.  Their voices match in unison and blend beautifully in harmony.  When they sing Bridge Over Troubled Waters in complete seriousness, it is very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment