Tuesday, July 24, 2012

KC Fringe "Slaughterhouse Opera" review by surlywench

Come for the zombies, stay for the music
Rating: 5

SlaughterHouse Opera
KC Fringe Festival

The zombies and kazoos are a bit of a gimmick, albeit they are what caught my interest and brought me to the show. But you don't have to be a fan of zombies (or kazoos) to enjoy this show - it is so much more than that. The musicians are very talented, the music is outstanding, and the show is a lot deeper than you might expect. There are some really touching songs in-between the humorous bits. There were a few technical difficulties, but the cast handled them like pros. I only wish there was a way to purchase the music, I guess I'll have to settle for going back to the show... Seriously, go. See this show, it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment