Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fringe Festival "Hanky Panky" review by ajennings

Hard to review
Rating: 5

Hanky Panky
KC Fringe Festival

For me, this show hit very close to home, and is quite hard to review. Let me explain. "Hanky Panky" is the story of the Gunther family, Joe, Mike, Ed, and Lorraine, who gather around the deathbed of their father. Having lost my grandmother in Nov, this was an eerily familiar sight.

Joining the family are Shelly, the nurse, Rev. Jess, and Kathy and Phyllis, who are Ed and Mike's wives. Everyone's character was well played, with Joe's performance being one of the best. Phyllis was very overprotective and negative, and Kathy's a fun clueless ditz.

I was crying at the end, and heard the rest of the audience sniffling along with me. I would like to say more, but can't find the words to describe this touching show. I encourage everyone to catch the final performance tonight (Sat) at 9:30pm.


read the review at KC Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment