Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fringe Festival "Best of IFC Short Films" review by Reviewasaurus

Movies are in theaters, therefore movies are theater.
Rating: 4

Best of IFC Short Films
KC Fringe Festival

And so, based on what I saw of the best of the Independent Film Commission, people should remember that.

I saw some wonderful stuff tonight, and I wish like hell I could review each of the films shown.

I'll say this. There's a local filmmaker named Tim Harvey that is making some very, very consistently good, quality, meaningful films, and is one to watch out for. There's also a film called Change For a Dollar that is simple and beautiful, and a good example of the way film should be used to tell a story. Beautiful cinematography. That can be said about many of the films though.

It's worth your while. As a performer, director, duct tape expert, you might find yourself wanting to seek them out. It's work you wish you are a part of.

I asked about purchasing a DVD, but none are available. Not yet. I'd like a copy though.

I'd give it a five, for the record, but the accidental intermission was only accidentally awesome.

read the review at KC Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment