Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Footloose" review by saquebut


Footloose is really 'FootTight'
Rating: 5

Footloose
River City Community Players

I marveled at the great young (and some old) talent on the River City Community Players stage last night. The director has put together a remarkably entertaining show. I tend to be really picky about the arts, but this show is worth making a special trip to Leavenworth (5th and Delaware) to see.

The pit consisted of four folks: Piano (the music director), bass, guitar and drums. The pit was rally excellent and very tight. Bill Welch (guitar) even had an acting part playing live and singing during act II...terrific job.

The set changes were all done very quickly, with absolutely no distractions. Some the set changes didn't allow actors much time to change costumes, but they were always on stage ready for the next scene with the right facial expressions.

Vocally, the soloists and the full cast were superb. This is definitely theater at its finest. I could tell everyone involved in this show was really IN to the show and was having a BLAST!!

The theater recently installed a full sound system, and boy, what a difference it made. With only a week to make final touches to the audio levels, I felt like I was listening to a show where the audio technicians had been working with the system for years.

The choreography was excellent and the cast executed it with a precision I have not seen here.

I would come back and see it again, but I have my own show conflicts coming up.

Finally...The show is really TIGHT! Go see it, take friends, and tell me if you plan to come back a second time.

Congratulations "Foot Tight" cast, staff and crew.

Lee Finch

read the review at KC Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment