This article appeared in the January 2011 issue of KC Stage
- $old is a new show on the History Channel. They were at the Lake of the Ozarks shooting the pilot in November.
- Shakespeare’s Pizza in Columbia, Mo., has been nominated for Best College Hangout. A crew from Good Morning America visited them to cover the story.
- Cerner held auditions at Rush Wade 2 for a large print campaign.
- Westar Energy shot a commercial using local KC talent. Bark Productions was involved.
- Josh Nathan of the University of Kansas was casting for a short entitled “A Light Opera”. Shoot dates are in early Feb in DeSoto, Kan. You may contact Nathan by telephone at 620-747-0288.
- M&M Productions was looking for a producer/project manager. They are developing a reality television series. Contact Charles Scott Bell at 913 948-4202 or at email@example.com and put MM Crew in the subject line.
- Andrew Droz Palermo, Columbia, Mo., has been writing and shooting commercials for the 2011 True/False Film Festival.
- Grants of up to $5,000 are being offered by The Film Commission of Greater Kansas City through the Robert Altman Emerging Filmmakers Fund. The grants are given to up-and-coming filmmakers.