When the bulldozers finally razed the sleazy porno shop — formerly
the Rockhill Theater — at 46th and Troost, more than a decade ago, one
portion of the building was left standing: a two-story buff brick tower
from the original entrance area. This piece of the 1923 structure
retained the original metal dome, long rusted, but surrounded by the
original finials installed when the second-run theater was opened, with
great fanfare in 1923.