Friday, August 17, 2012

River City Community Players "Happy Days" review by guyatthepodium7

Goodbye Grey Skys...
Rating: 5

Happy Days - A New Musical
River City Community Players

I thought that this was one of the best shows that I have seen this year; and to think, a community theater put it on! From the smallest props to the enormous set, the show had me spell bound every minute. I caught the show opening night, and man-o-man did I catch something! The music, choreography, and acting were phenomenal: they had me under the impression that the community theater had hired professional actors to put it on; and I was deeply surprised to learn that the entire cast (with the exception of Fonzie) actually live in the Leavenworth/Lansing community.

In this show (at least the impression I got) was that the ensemble and supporting cast really sold it! Don't get me wrong, the leads were wonderful in every sense of the word, but supporting characters like the supporting Dial-tones or the Malachi brothers were the ones who captivated me personally.

As for the ensemble, it was one of the best I had seen in a long time! Great job production team, you have a fantastic show! I highly recommend this musical! I am told that the final two nights are selling out fast (and with good reason) so if you can catch this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment