Thursday, August 16, 2012

Olathe Community Theatre "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" review by dmoore24

I Love It, It's Perfect, Don't Change!
Rating: 5

I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change
Olathe Community Theatre Association

Let me begin by stating that I have seen "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" three different times at three different theatres. This production however, takes the cake.

Shelly Stewart did a brilliant job in directing these young actors. You could clearly see the story, arc, and heart in every scene from nearly every actor on stage.

Kevin Hershberger also did an incredible job bringing out each actors voice in each song. The music was beautiful, and I applaud him for bringing that joyful noise out of each actor.

One of my favorite parts of the show was being able to see each actor flourish in their own way. Rachel Adcock has a beautiful voice that was showcased during her solo number, "I Will Be Loved". Kevin Rehrer was able to showcase his comedic timing in the song, "Tear Jerk" as well as "Waiting" - he is such a joy to watch on stage! However, I was most surprised by the performance given by Sarah Montoya during the final monologue of the show. She has the unique ability to bring forward various emotions at once - one moment I was laughing with her and the next I was crying. She delivers this monologue beautifully and is truly a force to be reckoned with.

I really cannot say enough about this show. Please do yourself a favor and make it out to the theatre to see this one. It is definitely not one to be missed.

Bravo to all of the cast & crew, you put together a beautiful story on stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment