Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Barn Players "Evita" review by SandraPerkins

Great Show
Rating: 5

Evita
The Barn Players, Inc.

Overall, I was incredibly impressed by this production of EVITA at The Barn Players. Phil Kinen did an excellent job in pulling off this incredibly challenging show and I was quite impressed.

Erin Hamer did a wonderful job as Eva Peron; truly doing the music justice. Erin's performance overall was very impressive; both her vocal performance and acting were superb.

John Clearly who played Che was an absolute pleasure to watch. His vocals were nearly always spot-on and his interpretation of the character was intriguing and entertaining.

Ken Schmidt who played the role of Juan Peron truly embodied the role of the Argentine dictator. His performance for me, really captured what I expected Juan Peron to be.

The ensemble in this cast was also full of talent. They held their own on stage next to the principle characters and truly brought the show to life. One member in particular that stood out to me was a new name to me; Sarah Montoya. She has a great stage face-- she immediately stood out from the rest. Aside from that, her expressions and character changes from scene to scene were extremely entertaining. After reading her biography and learning she has only just started in the theater, all I have to say is, watch out for this one!

This production overall was a pleasure to watch. I could really tell that the cast enjoyed what they were doing and that definitely translated to the audience.

read the review at KC Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment