Wednesday, January 26, 2011

KC Rep "Another American" review by dubyape

Another America is nothing short of brilliant
Rating: 5

Another American: Asking and Telling
Kansas City Repertory Theatre

Another America: Asking and Telling is nothing short of brilliant.  Marc Wolf author and performer has skillfully made a one man docudrama covering the history of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" through the words of those affected by it from both sides of the argument. Marc transitioned from one character to the next it was as if I was watching a carefully edited film.  But I sat there in awe realizing it was one man up there on stage playing all of the characters. I was horrified and saddened by some of the stories that came from real people.  It mad me angry at time that we the American people let this injustice go on for so long.  The play was not without humor there where times when my side hurt form laughing.  I would recommend anyone who had a stake in the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy to go see this play of our recent history.  I would also recommend this show in anyone interested in acting or playwriting as an example of just how it should be done.  In short go see this play it's too important not to in this day and age.  Thank you Eric Rosen for bring Marc and his spectacular production to Kansas City.  Its one of the best and most poignant plays I've seen in a long time.

read the review at KC Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment